The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager from 23rd April 2019, following the retirement of the incumbent. Both schools have been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted and joined the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (Multi Academy Trust) in February 2018.
Working with the Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team, the role will involve the leading and management of school finances, payroll, HR, premises, Health & Safety and administration.
The position is full time (37 hours per week i.e. Monday to Thursday 08:30m to 4:30pm and Friday 08:30am to 4.00pm), term time only plus 5 inset days, salary grade JM2, scale point 38 to 42, salary £34,106 to 38,052 per annum pro rata.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Prepare and manage the school budgets (including strategic 3 year budgeting)
- Prepare budget reports for Governors and the Academy
- Process day to day finance transactions (including invoices and banking)
- Process Payroll inputs and reconcile related reports
- Be responsible for HR matters
- Manage the schools’ premises (including risk assessments, audits and insurance)
- Manage contracted services, in liaison with the Academy
- Have responsibility for Health and Safety
- Meet agreed deadlines for all of the above
- Liaising with the Academy and attending School Business Manager meetings to share best practice
Candidates should have a strong knowledge of School Business Management and ideally hold the Certificate of School Business Management or, if not, be willing to undertake this. An Accountancy qualification and experience of Project Management would be beneficial.
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with a dedicated and hard working staff
- The opportunity to further develop the schools’ integration within the Multi Academy Trust
School visits are encouraged. To arrange a visit or for an informal discussion, please contact Keith Major on 01275 462632 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for further information and how to apply. The closing date for applications is Friday 18th January 2019 (Noon), with interviews to be held on Friday 1st February 2019.
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Safer recruitment and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.