Become a Trustee
Our Trust is seeking new Board members
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership seeks to have a range of skills on its Trustee Board, with experience and expertise from across a variety of professional backgrounds. We are keen to hear from individuals who are willing to commit to our vision and values and who are excited about improving outcomes for young people in our local communities.
A willingness to work constructively and effectively in accordance with the ‘Nolan Principles: Standard of Public Life’ is essential.
The Trust is formed of 30 schools (Infant, Primary and Secondary) providing support and education to over 12,000 children and young people across North Somerset and Bath and North East Somerset (BANES).
We are particularly looking for Trustees who can offer experience / skills in one or more of the following:-
- Risk Management
Approximately 7 hours per month. There are 10 Board of Trustees meetings each year which are mostly held in the evenings, with some held virtually in the Winter months. There are 3 sub-committees to the Board - Finance (12 meetings per year), Audit & Risk (6 meetings per year) and HR & Staffing Committee (3 meetings per year).
The key challenges for the Board over the next 12-24 months are:-
- Develop a rich and exciting curriculum where our pupils thrive and develop character
- Improve outcomes, especially for disadvantaged children and young people
- Deliver more and better through collaboration
- Our church and community schools develop and celebrate their own distinctiveness
- Excellence in professional learning and development
- Extraordinary opportunities for both pupils and professionals
- Strong and strategic leadership and governance at all levels
- Adopt ambitious and effective measures for carbon reduction so that we achieve net-zero emissions by 2035
- High quality and cost-effective central services
If you are interested in the position and would like to find out more, please read through the recruitment pack below and email our Chair of Trustees.
We would love to hear from you!